We are here to help.
While it is not ‘business as usual’ we’re here to support all our clients who have a critical housing need. Those who have sold their home and have not yet purchased, or those who must sell or buy to meet their personal financial obligations or provide shelter for their family. Royal LePage is committed to the health and safety of all its clients, REALTORS® and the communities that we serve.
Resources & Helpful Links
Royal LePage COVID-19 Viewing Protocol for Buyers and Sellers.
We have prepared an overview of the Government Relief Program for you in PDF format.
Wellness Together Canada, Mental Health Support.
Property Viewings Guidelines
We continue to take action to help keep you safe as we face this unprecedented global crisis together. The safety measures we are taking are being guided by public health authorities and the government.
Before we accept a showing, we ensure that we have received a copy of a completed Health Disclosure Declaration provided by the Buyer’s REALTOR® and the Seller’s REALTOR® which captures information confirming that no one attending the showing (Buyer REALTOR® or buying clients, or any occupant of the property) has:
- recently travelled anywhere outside of Canada or has been in contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada.
- had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing. Refer to the Government of Canada Coronavirus site for an up-to-date list of symptoms.
- knowingly come into contact with anyone experiencing the following symptoms in the last 14 days: Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- come into contact with anyone with a presumptive or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
- Restrict viewings to buyers who have an accepted conditional offer or an offer pending
contingent on physical inspection only.
- No one other than the persons named on the offer can view the property. No additional family members, friends or children should be in attendance. There are no exceptions.
- Sellers will open all interior doors (including closets, shower curtains/shower doors) and leave all lights on, to minimize the need for viewers to touch surfaces in your home.
- All occupants of the home must be absent during the showing (take a walk or drive for one half hour to avoid any physical contact with the Buyer or the Buyer’s REALTOR®. If an occupant must be present, insist they practice social distancing measures.
- The Realtor will disinfect all exterior door handles and lockbox with an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol prior to the showing.
- The showing agent will thoroughly clean and disinfect the lockbox, all door knobs, surfaces, light switches and counters with antibacterial/germ killing cleaners after the showing.
- Practice social distancing measures when travelling to the showing by driving in separate vehicles.
- Do not share items such as phones, tablets or laptops.
- Immediately prior to entering the home disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch surfaces in the home and keep your hands in your pockets throughout the visit.
- Do not greet others with handshakes or hugs, and ensure you are at least 2 metres
apart at all times.
Under no circumstances should you use the washroom facilities while viewing the home.
- Ensure social distancing (keeping 2 metres apart) is rigorously maintained throughout the showing.
- If required, your REALTOR® can walk each buyer through the property one at a time. Notify your REALTOR® if you become ill at any time after a showing.