- Toss – Remove home contents you don’t need or haven’t used in the past 12 months. Host a garage sale to turn items into cash, or donate to charity.
- Store – Take advantage of storage solutions that will tidy closets, drawers and cupboards. Specialty items are available for storing just about any item from holiday décor to your ironing board.
- Rotate – Pack seasonal items out of sight. If space is at a premium, clothing and linen can be suction packed to free up precious closet space.
- Redecorate – Minimize furnishings and knick-knacks and ensure they are appropriate to the room’s function. Try to neutralize your décor and use pillows and art to add colour.
- Arrange – Place furniture and décor items in a way that optimizes the available space and leaves a roomy impression. Arrange your items to create flow between adjoining rooms. Remember, we’re selling square footage!
- Clean – Thoroughly clean every corner of your home. Clean, dust and wash the floors, walls, ceilings, fixtures, windows, window coverings, furniture, décor items.
- Fix – Keep a to-do list of home repairs and have a qualified handyman on standby to assist with required fixes.
- Internalize – Buyers love an organized, de-cluttered home.
Keeping your home clean and de-cluttered minimizes its preparation for sale. An organized and well tended home means you will maximize your resale value as more buyers are able to envision themselves living in your space.
If you would like to discuss tips for house organization before listing, feel free to contact us at any time!